Sunday 10 June 2012

Storm Forecast

Today the weather was not so good. The weather has changed and they  forecast strong winds for the afternoon. We head out but are a little limited to where we can go simply because we wish to keep things comfortable for our passengers. 3 girls who were going to travel yesterday, are with us today I so wish the had done our cruise yesterday and were today off doing the land based tour that they did yesterday. We head out to the Islands and the rain is limiting our viability. We round Michaelmas Island and head towards the seal colony @ Breaksea Island. From there we head towards Seal Rock now we have to contend with many white caps being whipped up by the strengthening winds. We round Mistaken Island and still, have had no success. The winds are getting stronger as we head back to the sheltered waters of princess Royal Harbour. We find some dolphins as we travel in through the channel other than the seals and a few sea birds it has been very quiet.  I feel sorry for today's passengers I wish they all had been able to be aboard yesterday. I know how good it can be and I wish all my passengers could experience  some of the sights I have seen. A storm is now raging out side I don't think we will be heading out on our Monday cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment