Thursday 28 June 2012

Bad Weather / Consciences Skipper

I'm in my office its 9.10 am and the weather is not nice. I have contacted all those who have bookings for us today and told them we will not be cruising. All understand and are pleased that I have contacted them. Most can come tomorrow when the weather is forecast to be much, much, better. Yesterday the weather had not quite set in at 9 am but knowing that it was not far away I informed passengers that we would not be travelling. One group of three could not say in town until Friday as they had to be in Augusta. They asked if the whales had been seen there. I have not spoken to Paul at "Naturalist Charters"  for a while so took the opportunity to phone him to see how he is going. Yep heaps of whales but a little sick of the weather was his response.

The charter boat next to us did cruise and some asked why. I read on their board today "Wild, wild wonderful weather and our passengers had a ball. All return free." I ask you how you can enjoy a boat cruise with very strong winds and heavy rain.

I have been doing this a long time now and I do not know any one who enjoys seasickness. I do not cancel cruises, for no reason. But I refuse to cruise just to get your money. This at times costs me but I would rather people left town saying the weather stopped them seeing a whale than being angry with me for taking them out in horrendous weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment