Thursday 7 June 2012

Crazy Weather

What is happening to our weather. I can not remember ever having E-NE winds at this time of year. please weather gods give us back the NW-W winds we should be having. Tuesday we did not have enough people wanting to go on a cruise. Tomorrow will be better I am sure, I will take advantage of the time to fuel the boat up, in readiness. I put 1000 litres of fuel in and take the boat back to its pen, walk away ready for the following days trip. Caltex phone me later in the day to tell me they have found water in the diesel tanks and several people are having troubles, and it would be good if I had not yet put the fuel in my tanks. Oh Sh-t. I go to the boat early Wednesday morning and drain some fuel off to make sure any water is drained away after being able to settle over night. As the motors have been running I also decide to change the fuel filters, easier to do along side the jetty than out at sea. I run the genset from the port tank after filter change and all is fine then just before we head out of the pen i start the port motor. It runs for a short time then stops. Not good with passengers on board. I bleed the fuel system and I just get more air. I check the filter and see fuel running down the side. in my haste I have not seen the o-ring has fallen out and now I have no seal. I fix the problem and the engine fires into life. We head out of the harbour and cruise along the northern coast of King George Sound, out to Michaelmas Island, over to Seal Rock, back through Frenchman Bay, past Mistaken Island but can not find a whale today. Was it the whale gods or the weather gods that were trying to tell me something?

No comments:

Post a Comment